Reports to: Executive Director
Position Type: Full-time
3900 Jackson St. NE. Suite #10
Columbia heights, MN 55421
Work closely with the Executive Director and the board of directors to develop and implement a
comprehensive fundraising strategy to expand donations and support for ARAHA. This includes
managing all components of the fundraising plans including (but not limited to):individual donors,
Grants from foundations, governments, and INGOs, In-kind donations, corporate giving, partnerships
with NGOs/businesses, planned and annual giving, Seasonal and online campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative, but not all-inclusive, of those the
Development Director will be expected to undertake and carry out.
Main responsibility: To create and implement a comprehensive fundraising and development plan
every year in coordination with the Executive Director and to work on diversifying and developing new
revenue sources and major donor relationships. This include:
Planning, implementation, and management to cultivate and solicit current and prospective
donors and funders.
- Secure fundraising opportunities for ARAHA in various community venues and religious
- Plan, manage, and oversee endowments and investments.
- Write proposals, stewardship reports, and fundraising letters.
- Research, review and write grant applications for funding from foundations, governments, &
- Seek In-kind donations from partner organizations, foundations, and businesses.
- Plan, write and edit fundraising publications and tools (timeline, budget, charts, etc.) and
coordinate with media & marketing director on publication design and printing.
- Write and manage all gift acknowledgement and thank you letters; track progress and milestone
status and communicate to the Executive Director.
- Develop and manage corporate and planned giving programs.
- Ensure effective use of ARAHA’s donor-management software.
- Establish ongoing liaison with corporations, schools and other community organizations to
open opportunities of fundraising.
- Direct and supervise the fundraising coordinator.
- Develop and implement a public relations program in coordination with the board, executive
director, and fundraising coordinator.
- Plan, coordinate and oversee special events in conjunction with the fundraising coordinator.
- Travel for events and/or manage staff travel.
- Perform all duties in a manner to maintain the positive image of ARAHA.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- A bachelor's degree in English, writing, journalism, nonprofit administration or management.
- Professional development training in fundraising (preferred)
- Minimum of three years of experience with a proven track record of meeting fundraising goals
and securing major gifts
Skills--The ideal candidate has:
- An outgoing, confident and persuasive personality.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to give effective presentations to diverse
audiences and ability to tell compelling stories.
- Strong time management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Commitment to the Cause.
- Determination, Resilience, & Perseverance.
- Being Adaptable.
The preceding functions have been provided examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Please send your resume and cover letter