Reports to: Executive Director
Position Type: Full-time
3900 Jackson St. NE. Suite #10
Columbia heights, MN 55421
- Develop & implement marketing strategies & plans to meet ARAHA’s goals and needs as an
organization in coordination with the CEO..
- Collaborate with fundraising and development to orchestrate supporting marketing elements.
- Perform all duties in a manner to maintain the positive image of ARAHA
Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative, but not all-‐inclusive, of those the Media &
Marketing Director will be expected to undertake and carry out. Main responsibility: Develop and manage
ARAHA’s Media & Marketing plan, promote ARAHA’s campaigns, collaborate with key team members, and
continue to build mainstream brand awareness.
- Develop strategic marketing campaigns and activities.
- Implement marketing plans that include print, broadcast and online content.
- Create branded advertising campaigns, and support the fundraising and development teams by
coordinating and collating content.
- Track progress and results of marketing campaigns and activities.
- Balance the marketing budget to ensure all areas are adequately met and supported.
- Conduct market research to identify marketing opportunities and negotiate media coverage.
- Create, maintain and strengthen the organization’s overall brand through all media avenues.
- Oversee and coordinate with our photojournalists on the ground in the Horn.
- Promote Brand Awareness through the use of ARAHA’s website, email campaigns & social media
outlets and other available venues.
- Oversee design and print of all of ARAHA’s promotional materials and publications, and Manage
print contractors and other promotional vendors
- Manage and Maintain ARAHA website, mailchimp, server, dropbox, and all other ARAHA’s online
- Assist in the promotion and marketing of ARAHA annual Dinner (in coordination with fundraising
- Work in coordination with the fundraising coordinator to prepare for any local or nation events
including Major conventions.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Experience & Skills: Ideal candidate will be:
- Details oriented
- Good organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to motivate and manage team members.
- Highly creative and confident in design capabilities
- Experience with Joomla, Adobe InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Ability to take direction on projects, but utilize your creativity and “designer's eye” to point out where
you see necessary directional changes.
The preceding functions have been provided examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
When applying, please send us your resume and cover letter.