Long-term support from our individual donors is critical to fulfilling ARAHA’s mission. Maintaining strong, trusting relationships with our donors is key to this vital source of support. Finding more individuals to join in supporting our services is also critical to the long-term success of our organization. Balancing the needs and desires of our contributors, along with meeting the need for efficient and effective fundraising practices, are the principles that underpin our list management policy. The purpose of this policy is to ensure that we conduct our fundraising in compliance with nationally established guidelines while ensuring that our donor’s trust and faith in us is well-placed and deserved. This policy applies to information collected online via the website and email appeals, and offline via fundraisers, presentations, or any other situations in which donors may choose to give.
1. We will not sell, rent, give, share, or exchange donors’ names and personal information with any individual or organization.
2. We will not send donor mailings on behalf of any other individual or organization.
3. We will maintain active control of our donor lists by informing others, including any list brokers we may hire, of this policy and by taking steps to enforce this policy.
4. We will maintain complete and accurate records of all users of donor lists for at least such time as required by law.
5. We will comply with the laws and regulations of the Internal Revenue Service, all states in which we solicit funding, and the U.S. Postal Service. We collect personal information from visitors to our website only if they make a donation or request goods or services from us. (This information may include name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card information.) Personal information provided by users of our website is used to process a gift, establish a membership, or deliver goods or services. Visitors who provide ARAHA with their name and email address may be added to our email list, from which they can be removed at any time by following the instructions that are found in our electronic communications.
To ask any questions about this poicy, review or correct your perosnal information, or to make changes to your recorded preferences as a donor, please contact our membership team by phone at (763) 270- 5351, by email at email@example.com, or by postal mail at: ARAHA, P.O. Box 21134, Columbia Heights, MN 55421.